What People are Saying About RN Patient Advocates
Subscribe To Our eNewsletter
Complimentary Purchasing Guide to
Organic and NonOrganic Food
We will never sell
your email address
- Your Living Brain is clearly connected to the rest of your body. What? Though much of the Living Brain is still a mystery, science is now opening new doors of understanding.
- Smaller than a walnut, no heavier than a grape…affects every function in our bodies. What? Your Adrenal Glands! Unsung hero of our bodies.
- Ever wonder what BPA (bisphenol-A) actually is? What is all the controversy about? Is it really harmful?
- Use it or lose it! 32% reduced risk of dementia if you keep your brain very active! 48% greater risk if you do not. Wait! There is more. . .
- Integrative Medicine
- Teaching your brain new tricks! Keep your cognitive ability alive and well. What is this? Neuroplasticity.
- Insulin Resistance: Ever wonder what it really is? Could this be a factor in your life and health?
Do You Need A Health Detective
... Call your RN Patient Advocate!
Medical Errors are now the 3rd leading cause of death in the US according to a study by Dr. John T. James published in the Journal of Patient Safety. The study in the Journal of Patient Safety disclosed that between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year in the hospital “suffer some form of preventable harm that contributes to their death”.
The single most important thing to remember when faced with a health crisis is that you need to be an active part of your healthcare team.
Your healthcare decisions need to be made with you not for you! You can do this by educating yourself about your illness and your treatment options. When you are an active member of your healthcare team, your results will improve.
One excellent site to begin to understand the illness you have is www.nih.gov (National Institute of Health). That site will also link to others equally helpful.
Remember that no one treatment is right for everyone. We are all different with unique needs, belief structures, cultures and spiritual values.
Thinking of engaging an independent RN Patient Advocate?
- Are your health care providers listening to you? Do you feel like a number as you go from doctor to doctor?
- Has poorly coordinated care or lack of attention to detail left you vulnerable to medical error?
- Adverse drug reactions cause the death, hospitalization, or serious injury of more than 2 million people in the United States each year, including more than 100,000 fatalities*
- Learn about your medications and their potential risks with your iRNPA.
- The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) reports that 10-30% of diagnoses are incorrect.
An iRNPA by your side ensures that YOU, are the central focus of your healthcare. Working collaboratively with all your doctors, your iRNPA ensures the safest and most effective treatments possible for you.
You will become an active and knowledgeable participant in your own care. This tremendously improves your safety and chances of the best outcome within the medical system. Call or email us to find the closest iRNPA near you.
* Lazarou J, Pomeranz BH, Corey PN. Incidence of adverse drug reactions in hospitalized patients: A meta-analysis of prospective studies. Journal of the American Medical Association Apr 15, 1998; 279: 1200 - 1205.