Do You Need A Health Detective
... Call your RN Patient Advocate!
What People are Saying About RN Patient Advocates
RN Patient Advocacy in The News
Private Patient Advocates Help Navigate the Medical Maze, Chicago Tribune, May 2015 * This article spotlights an iRNPA Graduate.
RNPA Intensive - Learning Experience
“In a year’s time after taking the RNPA Learning Intensive, my career, my health, my family, my very life has been transformed. I am forever grateful” — Karen DiMarco, RN, iRNPA
“The way of the future of nursing...an absolute must if you want to make and be the difference in righting the wrongs of healthcare. Kare is a wonderful mentor who has put her soul into this program. Passion, Vision, Perseverance.” — Lana Benton, RN, iRNPA
“The forethought, experience, openness, philosophy and preparation provides all the tools, thought process, and confidence to begin and succeed as an iRNPA.” — Leta Gill, RN, iRNPA
“My experience attending the iRNPA program was a refreshing one, to say the least. This program was packed with life changing information that is not readily taught or available to RN's. This program equipped me with the tools I need to be an iRNPA! If you are ready for a change after working for many years in the clinical setting, and are driven to help patients and families, this is the program for you! Karen is a wealth of knowledge that is unmatched in the advocacy process.” — Jamie Long
“Thank you so much for putting together such an incredible RN PA intensive course! It is truly intensive but so worth it! I learned a lot and will be using the Medical Time Line and lab spreadsheet with as many clients as i can. All great information and can’t wait to get my speaking engagements lined up now that I have your fantastic power points!” — Nan Wetherhorn, Health Care Advisor, www.healthcareadvisornan.com
- Complete an initial comprehensive assessment of your personal situation, including an understanding of your own priorities and wishes
- Review your medical records and diagnostic and test reports
- Research and inform you about available treatment options.
- Assist with selecting healthcare services (doctors, nursing homes, hospitals, special services) based on quality data and health grades.
- Provide you with information to better understand what you are encountering in the health care world.
- Coordinate care, collaborate and communicate with client, providers, facilities, and loved ones (including those that live out of state)
- Create a personal plan for you to make informed medical decisions.
- Speak with health care providers and relatives on your behalf
- Attend physician/treatment visits and write down questions you may have and information that is given to you
- Educate you on how to become your own health advocate.
- Provide you with prevention, health and wellness coaching
- Serving pediatric through adult clients
- Comfortable with Allopathic, Integrative and Functional medicine models
- Licensed in Massachusetts and Florida